Quality Assurance Editor & Graphic Designer
Delivering excellence in Quality Assurance, creative thinking, and design to training and courseware.
Quality Assurance Editor
2022 – 2023
- Review and maintain courseware for student training manuals, workbooks, instructional presentations, and supplemental materials as needed.
- Identify and note errors in graphical quality, document structure, paragraph styling, spelling, and grammar.
- Utilize operation and process checklists that follow the Quality Assurance guidelines and standards.
- Evaluate electrical and mechanical schematics for clarity and standards adherence.
- Manage and track project progress using AirTable, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Review information and source material provided by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and manufacturers to ensure accuracy and consistency across multiple courseware offerings.
- Use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat to update the Quality Standards and Quality Checklist based on current industry requirements.
As a QA Editor in Aviation Maintenance Training, I am a core member of the courseware development team. I evaluate the design, layout, and graphical quality of instructional training materials created by our developers. The field of aviation is diverse. Therefore, I ensure that training materials comply with the Quality Standards no matter the aircraft’s manufacturer, make, or model. Close adherence to the Quality Standards provides a consistent experience for students across various platforms. I use Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Excel to review, evaluate and provide feedback on training materials.
Aviation training courses require multiple content types. A typical course environment requires training manuals, workbooks, presentations, interactive elements, and browser-based solutions. Each component of courseware and training materials is evaluated based on specific standards. Each set of criteria has an associated checklist that I use to review information objectively and provide consistent feedback. Courseware feedback is provided via PDF using annotation tools. Each project has unique characteristics, allowing me to develop my creativity and critical thinking skills.
Media Services Specialist
2021 – 2022
- Assisted Customers with troubleshooting email, Wi-Fi connectivity, web browser issues, navigating through apps, data backup, sharing & synchronization between devices, and general technical support.
- Worked in a remote environment responding to customer inquiries about purchases, downloaded content, technical questions, and sales.
- Answered Customer interactions via phone and email concisely and comprehensively.
- Provided feedback on knowledge base articles and proactively explored ways to improve the overall Customer Experience.
- Collaborated with leadership to brainstorm better workflows for increasing productivity and balancing sustainability in the workplace.
As a Media Services Specialist, I assisted Customers with locating media, answering questions related to billing issues, and navigating product features. My daily tasks included investigating claims, assisting with fraud management, and resolving username and password difficulties across multiple account types. I also helped customers troubleshoot email, Wi-Fi connectivity, web browser issues, navigating through apps, data backup, sharing & synchronization between devices, and general technical support.
This role required me to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment while providing premiere support for our Customers. Each Customer is different. I created a unique troubleshooting strategy that fits the Customer’s available devices and matches their comfortability with technology. During each interaction, I took detailed case notes, used our internal knowledge base for guidance, and provided a resolution to the Customer based on my knowledge, research, and resources.
I handled various types of interactions. I resolved most calls within a few steps, but others required further action or escalation. I identified the nature of the exchange and took the necessary steps to resolve the issue. My role allowed me to schedule callbacks when needed, email resources and next steps to Customers, and create escalations for issues outside my scope of support.
Working remotely provided me with experience and proficiency with various tools. For example, I’ve worked with Microsoft Office, Google for Work (GSuite), Chat platforms, Video Conferencing platforms, Ticket Submission tools, Knowledge Bases and Databases, Adobe Creative Cloud, and various online tools and applications.
Technical Support Supervisor
2020 – 2021
- Led a team of Technical Support Associates by providing guidance on company goals, maintaining team morale, and performing management tasks to ensure the success of the team and our company.
- Empowered the team to deliver an exceptional Customer Support Experience, providing each Customer with a solution tailored to their circumstances.
- Discussed and set weekly goals for each team member based on their current performance.
- Developed team members to exceed Call Center KPIs and provide outstanding Customer Service on every interaction through weekly, individualized Coaching Sessions.
- Completed all deliverables accurately and consistently in a fast-paced, superabundant Call Center environment ensuring my team met company and client deadlines.
As a Technical Support Manager, I led a team of 30 Technical Support Associates by providing regular feedback, completing management tasks, and highlighting metrics through deliverables. My responsibilities included coaching each Associate weekly to set individual goals for improvement, reviewing feedback from our customers, and providing Associates with kudos or guidance for improvement If required. In addition, I evaluated live and recorded Customer Interactions based on our Quality Standards Guidelines, answered technical questions for Associates needing assistance, and completed additional documents to support each Associate’s success with the company.
In the Management role, I used many of the tools outlined in the Technical Support Associate and the Quality Assurance Specialist roles. Additionally, I used software to monitor payroll information and check employment profiles for accuracy in our internal systems.
Managing a team remotely provided unique opportunities for communication and building trust. I leveraged our chat and presentation tools to create a virtual environment where my team could demonstrate their strengths, seek areas for growth, and have some fun along the way. In addition, I made several graphics with Adobe Illustrator to help my team improve their metrics, remember important compliance information, and meet the goals set by our clients through quality standards. Multiple departments used my digital aids to enhance call quality and provide outstanding customer support.
Quality Assurance Specialist
2019 – 2020
- Evaluated Customer interactions through real-time monitoring and reviewing calls.
- Provided actionable feedback after scoring interactions using a standardized rubric for Technical Support Associates.
- Ensured Technical Support Associates and Managers met our Quality Standards Guidelines, maintained professionalism, and provided an outstanding Customer Experience on each call.
- Collected and researched data to provide detailed Root Cause Analysis reports based on Customer Interactions and Associate Metrics.
- Created and implemented strategies that improved the overall Customer Experience provided by our Technical Support Associates.
- Collaborated with other Quality Assurance Specialists and Managers to improve the onboarding process for newly hired Quality Assurance Specialists.
- Executed the updated strategies to prepare newly hired staff for their role in the Quality Department.
- Coordinated, directed, and participated in internal and external calibration sessions to ensure strict adherence to our Quality Standards Guidelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in calibrating to our Quality Standards Guidelines through weekly evaluations and routine checks.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, I evaluated Customer Interactions and provided detailed reports to our Management Team. The information outlined actionable steps for Associate improvement. My responsibilities included monitoring Customer Interactions and evaluating calls based on our Quality Standards Guidelines. I also researched behavioral trends to develop strategies for Associate growth. Furthermore, I acted as a liaison to ensure the Management Team and Associates understood the expectations set by our client. Coordinating, hosting, and participating in our internal and external Calibration Sessions were weekly requirements.
In the Quality role, I primarily used interaction monitoring software, the Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook), and our internal research tools used by the Technical Support Associates. I completed additional assignments using the Adobe Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. These assignments included creating training materials for our Associates to improve their metrics and KPIs. After designing presentations and job aids, I presented the content in a classroom environment to Technical Support Associates.
Technical Support Associate
2018 – 2019
- Provided excellent Customer Service by responding promptly to all inbound and outbound Customer calls regarding technical support, account management, and pre-sales questions.
- Documented Customer interactions accurately and efficiently based on the metric goals outlined by our client.
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of our Customer’s needs and provided individualized resolutions to each Customer.
- Managed time effectively to ensure the department met required service levels for improved Customer Satisfaction.
- Utilized internal and web-based reference materials to provide accurate information to Customers.
- Consistently demonstrated proficiency in product, procedural and technical knowledge.
- Utilized technical systems, including VOIP phone systems, to support Customers.
- Performed additional duties as assigned, including creating educational materials for other team members, creating presentations, and providing guidance to new team members joining the company.
As a Technical Support Associate, I answered technical support calls, documented case notes, and researched emerging issues. My responsibilities included providing customized solutions based on the Customer’s problem, registering Customer Interactions accurately, and using soft skills to build rapport with each Customer. In addition, I completed assigned training modules each month and communicated with my team and manager throughout the day.
I used multiple tools to support Customers. These tools included: internal knowledge base articles, the internet, company websites designed for research purposes, and tools to communicate with my team if I needed additional support. As a Technical Support Associate, I supported Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 Associates, demonstrating proficiency at every level. Furthermore, I consistently exceeded the performance goals outlined by the company.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and soft skills with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analysis skills allowing for advanced problem solving and unique, customized solutions.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of workplace environments including fast-paced call centers, retail stores and libraries.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and support multiple departments within a company.
- Ability to establish goals, develop employees, and provide detailed root cause analysis reports to identify trends and improve the overall Customer and End User Experience.
- Ability to research, coordinate and execute a curriculum / training program to enrich the onboarding experience for new employees.
- Proficiency in a variety of Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign with the capacity to learn additional applications quickly.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS and Android with the ability to move fluidly between various operating systems.