Digital downloads offer the flexibility to print a design or artwork multiple times on multiple mediums. Digital products come in the form of posters, cut files, design packs, templates, icons and much more. For this tutorial, we’ll focus on printable posters. I offer a collection of posters on my Etsy Shop that can be printed at home, or a professional printshop. This process is pretty standard, so you can apply these methods to most digital downloads you acquire online.
Why Buy Digital Posters Over Physical Posters?
I love unrolling a freshly purchased poster just as much as the next person. Luckily, I still get to enjoy that with a digital poster. I offer digital posters because they provide flexibility. You can print them in the size you want, the quality you want, and on the lateral that you want. Realistically, my offerings for physical items are limited, and I can’t meet the needs of every single person. Having the digital option means that you can have that design printed at the place of your choosing, get the exact size that you want and print it on just about anything you can image. Want a framed poster? You got it! Need 3 of the same design for your room aesthetic? No problem! Want a different color background? No worries at all. The choice is yours! What if you don’t want a poster at all? That’s also possible! You can print the designs on tons of items like towels, bags and even pet accessories.
How To Download Digital Posters
Digital files can be downloaded in a few different ways. For Etsy, you’ll see your digital downloads in your Purchases & Reviews section.
For other websites, you might be sent an email with your purchase or a download box will pop up prompting you to save your files. Select a location to save your file. I recommend saving them somewhere easy to get back to at a later point.
Some downloads include a text file or a PDF document with a link to your download. Open the file and click the link. This opens to a file sharing site such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. Look for a Botton to download your files. If it’s a service that you already use, you might see the option to log in to your account and save the file directly to your account.
Here are guides for downloading files from Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive
Most files sharing services work similarly. The above guides are applicable even if you aren’t using one of the websites above.
How To Use The Digital Downloads
The posters I offer on my Etsy Shop come in several sizes to suit different printing needs. Each poster includes:
- Photo: 8in × 10in | 20.32 cm × 25.4 cm | 7200px × 9000px
- US Letter: 8.5in × 11in | 21.59 cm × 27.94 cm | 7200px × 9318px
- A4: 8.27in × 11.69in | 21 cm × 29.69 cm | 7200px × 9504px
- Square: 16in × 16in | 40.64 cm × 40.64 cm | 7200px × 7200px
- Standard Poster: 16in x 24in | 40.64 cm x 60.96 cm | 7200px × 10800px
- Mobile: 1242px x 2688px
- Tablet: 2048px x 2732px
- Desktop: 2880px x 1800px
- Watch: 312px x 390px
Offering a large selection of sizes provides flexibility. I refer to these designs as posters, but the designs can be printed on almost anything. The largest size is the standard poster. The design is high resolution, so if you needed to print something larger than 16 inches (40.64 cm) by 24 inches (60.96 cm), you could do so without losing quality. When deciding which size is best, you’ll want to look at the ratio that works best for your needs. For example, the Photo is 8 inches (20.32 cm) by 10 inches (25.4 centimeters). However, you could also print on something that is 4 inches (10.16 centimeters) by 5 inches (12.7 centimeters) or 16 inches (40.64 centimeters) by 20 inches (50.8 centimeters). Each size I offer can be scaled up or down depending on what you require. If you’re printing the design professionally, the printing company / shop will be able to provide you with information based on their specific equipment.
What Can I Print Besides Posters?
There are so many possibilities! Here are some ideas for what you can do with printable posters:
- T-Shirts, Hats & Other Apparel: A great way to get custom apparel is by using digital artwork and having it printed. The files are standard PNG and PDF files, so they’re effortless to work with and print. Several companies have options for custom leggings, shoes, hoodies, and even swimsuits.
- Bags & Totes: Combine your favorite bag with your favorite design. Gone are the days when people are getting their backpacks confused on campuses across the world. Your EDC should be functional, but it should also represent your personality. You can order custom printed bags, totes, and backpacks online. There are also printing shops that can print custom designs are items that you already own. A printable poster file is a great way to add some new life to an old bag.
- Mugs & Other Drink-ware: Imaging starting your day with a mug that was printed just for you! A cute mug is one of the fastest ways to turn that frown upside-down! You can pair your favorite beverage with your favorite quote to get those great vibes flowing!
- Phone Cases & Other Tech Accessories: One of the most personal things to each of us is our tech. Most of us don’t leave home without our phone. Keep that prized position protected and show the world how you really feel. The popularity of customizable tech has opened some great options for custom laptop cases, skins, mouse pads, charms, keychains, and even wireless chargers.
- Create An Aesthetic Across All Your Devices: All of my poster downloads come in multiple sizes to use across all of your devices. If there’s a design you like; why not use it as your wallpaper for your phone, computer, tablet, watch, and fridge? There’s just something oddly satisfying about having the save wallpaper across all of your devices.
- Upgrade Your Planner: If you’re into planning, these posters are going to upgrade your planner game. You can use them as digital stickers, or you can print them off on your sticker paper. Either way, you’ll have a Pinterest Perfect Planner in no time.